Tuesday, April 17, 2018

“Bees” Stamps Family Challenge

My-Own-Cards-1---bee-card1

My-Own-Cards-1---bee-card2

Last time I was in Houston and at my favorite art store there I came upon Some stamps by Dare2B Artzy Clear Stamps and I scooped a trio of the BEEutiful ones for sharing with my sister Nina and sister in law Judy so that I could make a challenge for us to do at the same time using the same stamps set.  We are lucky to be able to connect sometimes to create up a storm and I love this creativeness we can share.  I love how each of us has a unique take on challenges and how we all use supplies and sketches differently. 

I had picked up this slice of designer paper at an earlier date at Michaels, its a Recollections, and as I have several bee and honey themed stamp sets I scooped it up while it was on special.  I used some Simon Says rectangular stitched die cuts for some layers, backing them with black cardstock I stamped both senrtiments.  I bumped both layers out with foam tape.  I used my Wink of Stella gold to paint in the lined letters on BEEautiful and BUMBLE BEE.  I used some sparkly gold thread I have to accent.  I stamped the bee onto white cardstock using a fine gold embossing powder and cooking it good.  I added a gold sequin to the back of the bee, added a twist of the gold thread to imitate the bee’s wings.  I used two levels of foam tape to give the bee the place of honour on my cards. 

I still have two card sized slices of paper left, who knows what I’ll make next! 

1 comment:

  1. love your cards and again thanks so much for the stamp set. love your paper you used...thanks for the challenge for us girls to do together.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts