Friday, February 23, 2018

A Gentle Card – no sentiment

TT380 Barb Derksen

Its not often I make a card without a sentiment on the outside, but I found it refreshing.  Sometimes saying nothing says a lot of things!

Following the cue of this week’s Tuesday Throwdown Sketch Challenge #380 – I used a scrap of pretty DP from an earlier project (so earlier I don’t remember which it was – I must remember to pencil in the info on the back of the paper before storing…)  I layered this up several times and I used this lovely stamped image by Stampin’ Up and coloured it in with soft hues which compliment the DP using my Tombow Markers. 

Lake Feb 23 Barb Derksen

Our lake is finally frozen over all the way to the other side of the lake (as far as I can see, at any rate) and the conditions were perfect this morning so I bundleed up in several layers and headed for the shore. 

Ice 2018 2 Barb Derksen

Ice 2018 3 Barb Derksen

Even a small feather becomes ‘fethered’ with ice crystals

Ice 2018 5 Barb Derksen

This one makes me think of a fried egg!

Thanks for stopping in today – I hope you’re finding some magic in the little things, wherevery you are. 

5 comments:

  1. love your card it doesn't need a sentiment the pictures says it all. Love your photos ...we are getting more snow :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for entering your lovely card creation in Tuesday Throwdown - you did a fab job - I wish you the best on the draw - we hope you come back on Tuesday for a new challenge with Team B - have a blessed week Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have and love this stamp but I honestly can say, I've never colored it as beautiful as you did. The paper is such a perfect compliment to your coloring that I think a sentiment would have been an unnecessary distraction. Simply beautiful as are your photos (love the feather.) Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Throwdown. Look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card Barb, I love this stamp set and wish it had been released in a clear. You have created such a beautiful card. I love the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card it is the first one I made when starting card making.
    Blessings Jocelan

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts