Monday, January 29, 2018

Sending Love Card

AHS-249-Barb-Derksen

Loved this simple and clean sketch from Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #249 this week:

I used a patterned embossing folder for the backdrop.  I used Peachy Cheap die cuts for the hearts, a sentiment from Hero Arts and embellished with some totally tiny and shiny tinsel (thread)  Sometimes lots of clean white realty allows all the small details to do the rest of the work.  My sister in law Judy  is playing along today too – love that even though we never seem to fit a visit in these days we still manage to create long distance.  Do YOU have someone you enjoy crafting with? 

It seems this winter is stretching on and on, though we can’t really complain much.  So many folk have it worse than us here in the Okanagan. We get a mixed bag of weather, sun, cloud, rain, snow, rain, snow and then start all over again.  I’d rather have the small variety than all rain or all snow.  All the more reason in inclement weather to stay snuggled indoors and craft and celebrate stuff.  For example, my sweet Mr and I rejoiced in another “forever” anniversary (we don’t count the years, we prefer to enjoy the quality of our bond much more than the milestones)  He made me a most sumptuous shrimp, cheese, tomato, pesto, pasta and shrimp dish baked in French Onion Soup bowls and served with crusty Ciabatta, second to none, from our local Village Bakery here in Osoyoos.  I’m using today to play catch up and I feel so ready for the week.  Hope you have a truly inpsired one!

7 comments:

  1. love your card ...thanks for the time and challenge . Have a great week.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. not only do I love your card but the beautiful detail to the staging of your photo really makes your post stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful embossing and such a sweet trail of hearts! Thanks for playing along at AHSC.
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the pop of red hearts and sentiment. Thanks for sharing at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, I love the row of hearts, super cute! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and sweet and I love the background texture.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts