Monday, January 23, 2017

A BEE-utiful Birthday Card

STB-Jan-19-2017-Barb-Derksen

I had such a sweet time making this card.  I saw this challenge for Seize the Birthday for January 19th and decided it would be amusing to try this one with some stamps I had in mind. 

The Seize the Birthday challenge calls either to make this a simple birthday card and/or make it one including Doodles or Dashes – I chose to hit it on both points!

I chose the base to include lots of white space by embossing a slab of white columns cardstock using a Cricut Cuttlebug Chicken Wire embossing folder.  (I thought the shapes suggested beehive hexagons)  I then stampedall the senitments on – the “buzzing by to say” and the hexagons and the bee and doodles are all from Honey Bee Stamps (oh how I LOOOOOVE my HB Stamps!!!)  Used bright yellow cardstock for more “hive” which I fussy-cut and bumped out with foam tape.  I shaded each segment using my tombow markers using a graduated wash of deep burgundy.  I matched up a bright yellow tombow to accent the bee then after everything was placed I used Diamond Glaze to adde dimension to the hive and bee. 

The Happy Birthday sentiment is a Studio G.

♥♥♥

I want to share with you a thought that if where you are, like where I am, is the dullest, darkest time of the year, know there are snowdrops waiting just under the snow, even though you can’t see them.  Take advantage of this time to tackle some projects about the house indoors.  Read books, burn a candle, have warm baths.  Don’t let the gloom get ahold on you.  You can’t change the weather but you can think sunny

 

2 comments:

  1. Adorbs! I love your card sis, it is too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! And with so much of those 'hives'! :) I totally love that embossed background (it actually took me a second to see it was chicken wire indeed!!) Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts