Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Tuesday Morning Sketches #340 Card

TMS340-Barb-Derksen-1

This is my take on the Tuesday Morning Sketches #340 Challenge!  I was working from the following:

I think I took some creative licence with the sketch by adding the pretty gems as the “scalloped” edge and I have two sentiments – but one for certain is on the strip.

TMS340-Barb-Derksen-2

The floral DP is a scrap from something, the Happy Birthday DP is Confetti – Buttercream Bobby.  I used a fine tipped felt to outline the “Happy Birthday” on it.  The larger stamp is My Favorite Things.  I keep using these little dollar store gems on my projects, they are so versatile.  I added some real sewing machien stitching and wound it all up with a sweet little bow using crochet cotton.

So happy you stopped by!

4 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch. It's been ages since I played along with TMS, but maybe that is because I don't do a lot aof layering these days. I think your gem frame works perfectly for the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch! Very pretty with the boarder of gems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun a bright card!! Love the gems and stitching!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie (TMS DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your card!! So bright & cheerful! Thanks for playing with us at TMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts