Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Tuesday Throwdown 278 Card

Oh how can one resist an "Anything Goes" challenge?  It is like tailored to my day because my brain is so scattered at the moment that "Anything" is right up my alley.


I decided to be VERY adventurous with this card - push all the limits!  


Not a grand photo of my card, but even so... I had a hoot making this.  Supplies are: 

Designer Paper - "Bowties" 6x6 by Basic Grey
Stamp - "Thanks so much" by Paper Smooches
plastic packaging (run through with an embossing folder) 
ribbon
gems
stitching (on a real sewing machine) 
fine tip felt pen
Distress Ink - Tim Holtz
cardstock


The first thing that may have noticed is my card is shiny.  Its because I saved out some plastic packaging from something or other that cycled through our household at Christmas.  I trimmed it then ran it through with an embossing folder (I don't know which one this is though, sorry)  Because the pattern is geometric, I sewed along every second row with my sewing machine, right onto the Designer Paper.  Afterwards I stuck these fun gems in the middle of each.  


I distressed the sentiment, stamped it and then glued the layers together.  I added the gems, drew the flowers on with a fine felt tip pen. Finally I tied the big orange bow, fixed it on, then fixed the sentiment layer on with foam tape.  You might think it looks off kilter by the top photo, but its actually that I have it double bumped out in the middle (doubling the foam tape) then only one layer on each end, so really it is "wowwed" in the middle (humped?)  

I wish you could see and feel this card in real life, its SO fun, bright and cheerful.  And I love re-using things you might normally toss out.  

Thanks so much for stopping in today!  

1 comment:

  1. love your card I got my done and posted ...it was fun. Have a great day

    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts