Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Tuesday Morning Sketches #335 Card

Yeah yeah, I know yesterday was officially "Blue Monday" - and it affects me in a big way and I have to work very hard to dispel the heavy mantle of mid-winterness - full on here in (supposed to be) Sunny Osoyoos BC.  I think I've seen the sun peep out only twice in the the past two weeks.  I feel like I'm wearing dark glasses and my head feels full of cotton and weight presses on my eyes.  I refuse to give in, I make some small manageable goals each day and stick to them.  I can't change the weather but I don't have to be controlled by it either.

One thing which is brings a bit of sparkle into my day and which I thoroughly enjoy is creating - so my reward for reaching my goals in any day is to allow myself to play!  Today I teamed up with my Sister in Law Judy as we took the

Tuesday Morning Sketches #335 Card Challenge 


Lots of scallops and shapes to work with, loving layers too!  


I chose to go with an embossed white background - to be fair I should always mark my folders... I don't know but I think this one is by Elizabeth Craft.  The scallop cuts were created on my Silhouette Cameo.  Both stamps are Stampin' Up.  I embossed the bloom and embossed it with a gold glitter.  


I have been waiting to use these sparkly washi tapes forever and a day... well cloudy, gloomy doomy day was today, and it really did chase my blues away!  I punched the two tiny hearts out of the scraps!  

I wish you sunshine wherever you are (and please send me some too!)  



5 comments:

  1. If the real thing does not appear sis, I am wishing you sun shiny thoughts. I love your card, all that sparkle is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb yesterday was so much fun ...and being able to do a challenge together even nicer. Love your card even those little hearts so sweet. Can't wait for the next time we can do this.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh pretty washi tapes!! I love the sparkle and glitz. Great card, too. I love the texture and simple flower. Perfect! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! I'd not heard of Blue Monday, but my day was starting out to be a blue day today, so your sentiment is a great encouragement and reminder!!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie (TMS DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you and your SIL picked our challenge to share! What a fun idea! Your card is beautiful, love the sparkle and the sentiment!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts