Friday, January 01, 2016

Happy New Years 2016

 

Wishing all/any of you who wander by my blog a truly happy 2016!  I kind of petered out toward the end of 2015 so I'm not going to make promises of anything because I don't want to set myself up for fail.  It's a nice thought to want to post daily but it's not easy to accomplish.  My blog posts will be sporadic but inspired.  I'd like to include more personal content, besides my creating cards.  I hope you'll come visit when you can. 

My handsome Mr invited me out for a brisk walk today and we went through a nature park.  It was a clear and cold day - 

And was interesting because it was quite frosty in any shady areas while the sunny spots warmed us up all at the same time.  

Such beautiful crystals!  I got lost in my little macro world using the camera on my iPhone. 

Very intrigued with the ice suspended from this log - looks like frosty whiskers.

And I've never seen anything like this ice before - looks just like "angel hair" we used for decoration at Christmas when I was a kid. *I've just done some research online and find this type of ice is called "Hair Ice" and is formed due to a fungus - you can read about it here: http://www.cnet.com/news/candy-floss-ice-spun-by-fungus/

 

I wanted to include this photo that Mr. Miles took - these Salal leaves rimed with ice crystals. 

I hope you've enjoyed these snippets of our first day this year! 

1 comment:

  1. Stunning photos sis, I have a few I will share too. Snow like feathers. I love beauty that nature shares with us. Happy New Year to you and Miles, I am not sure of I actually wished it to you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts