Friday, January 15, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches #219 Card Challenge

This week's

Freshly Made Sketches #219 Card Challenge caught my eye and so I gifted myself some creative time to put together today's card.

Having my last project be an "Ombre" theme, I wanted to try it for today's card too. 


I kept the design as simple as the sketch but used lots of layering.  Background layer are design papers by My Mind's Eye "Collectable"   I layered on some Tim Holtz distress inks to make the ombre base and then I used this ticket stamp (which had never been opened and was collecting dust) from Forever in Time, stamping it with Versamark and embossing it too.  I trimmed the cardstock, layered it on top of white.  Always nice to have a little border.  



Employed my trusty sewing machine to put some texture to my card and sentiment then glued it to the base.  The ticket layer, I punched in the corner and built the decorative brad using a My Mind's Eye "Collectable decorative brad - looping several bits of crochet cotton (truly its the BEST for projects, it behaves when you tie it etc)  The final touch, adding some sequins (for fun) and then using some foam tape to bump up the feature, the ticket! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You've got the ombré technique down to a fine science! This card is amazing! Love the colors you chose, too. Thanks for playing along with my sketch at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card sis, I love these colours.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts