Monday, November 30, 2015

Simon Says Monday Challenge

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Gentlemen

I had a “manly” card to make for a man and so this challenge segues nicely with this theme! 

SSM---Gentleman-1-Barb-Derksen

Still trying to play with my Tim Holtz Distress Inks.  I cut six pieces of cardstock to fit the card base.  Next I chose a simple Studio G pattern stamp and used embossing with clear on each square.  I chose Crushed Olive, Tumbled Glass and Ripe Persimmon inks and after this I edged each rectangle with Pumice Stone.  I fixed each square onto bright white cardstock and glued them to the card base. 

SSM---Gentleman-2-Barb-Derksen

I stamped the Get Well Soon by Hero ArtsHero Arts with black Versamark ink and then added clear emboss over this and again the Studio G patterned around the edges.  After heat embossing I brushed the edges with the Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  I backed the sentiment with black cardstock, under which I used glue dots to fix the olive colored twine in place.  I added some gems at the end!

Hope you enjoyed your visit here! 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card and very masculine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, the grid backgrounds look awesome and very masculine. Nice card! Thanks for joining us this week for our gentleman challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts