Friday, November 20, 2015

Seize the Birthday challenge card

Such a gorgeous day outside and I’m almost over this horrid cough/cold thing that has had me in its grip so hoping I might even go for a walk at some point.  But before I do I’d better get this challenge card posted!

Seize the Birthday – and I’m choosing “The Toppings” – vellum or acetate

I created this fun card:

Seize-the-Birthday---Nov-20-2015-1-Barb-Derksen

Seize-the-Birthday---Nov-20-20152--Barb-Derksen

I want to keep using my Tim Holtz distress inks to get used to them so I chose two shades which mimicked the colors already in the DP scrap I stamped the present.  The closest I could come was with “tea dye” and “ripe persimmon”.  I applied this over portions of the card face as well, then embossed with the cuttlebug folder, then added a bit more inks.  The celebrate stamp is a Stampin’ Up.  The acetate is recycled from packaging – saving it from the recycle.  I added a few sequins to bling things up a little. 

Glad I fit this in, happy if you comment and if you do I’ll hop over to your blog too!

Also now my job is winding down I’m hoping to create some more digital cards so keep your eye out here – I’m going to download KimB’s newest Kit and you must admit its drool-wothy! 

ALL SPRUCED UP

by

KimB

Even if you’re a hard core “real paper” person, but you like to “fussy cut” – well, you might consider taking the plunge to try out some digi – the possibilities are endless.  Kim’s kits are so highly fun and printable, you should consider!  Hop on over to her blog to check out the entire kit and a sweet FREEBIE as well!  (links to shop and instructions there as well)

6 comments:

  1. awesome ...this was a fun challenge to do with you ...get better soon ...enjoy the sunshine

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely warm colour combo, Barb ... and fabulous texture ... that little gift is so celebratory! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday! Anita - Surprise Party Guest :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Barb.I was wondering if the Spruced Up paper design is to big for cards.
    Blessings Jocelan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Barb.I was wondering if the Spruced Up paper design is to big for cards.
    Blessings Jocelan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning colours Barb, I love this fun technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bright, textured card! Thanks for playing at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts