Saturday, August 15, 2015

365 Photo of the Day

 
Fires all around us here in the Valley between Oliver and Osoyoos BC. 
Fires burning for two days now. 
The plane above is an Air Tractor" which picks up water from the lake and dumps it on the fire. 
Last night I was away up the valley but was really surprised to see
The Oliver fire services online on my 5-0 Radio App on my iPhone!
 
 
It was fascinating to listen as the fire departments all pulled together with the utilities (water/irrigation and telephone) 
Comforting to know these folks at protect us. 
 
Sadly, we know some people who have lost their homes, both here in Osoyoos and in the Rock Creek area. 
Will post more tomorrow. 
 
My prayers are with everyone here in the valley. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts