Sunday, February 08, 2015

365 Photo of the Day


Mmmmm! 

I tried a new recipe today - a Rhubarb Custard Pie.  I based it loosely on a recipe I found online at tasteofhome.com for Cream Cheese Rhubarb Pie, but as usual for me I totally messed around with ingredients.  For example, I substituted my own homemade Puff Pastry instead of regular pastry.  I added some lemon slices into the rhubarb when I cooked the filling, to impart a zing - of course I removed the slices before pouring this into the shell.  With the Cream Cheese custard I added a few drops of Watkins Rum Flavoring and scraped a small length of a fresh vanilla bean into the custard.  

I'm totally going to remake this recipe in the future.  It was easy and delicious.  

1 comment:

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts