Sunday, January 11, 2015

Forgot to Hop?


Mom and I have coffee at Gourmet Cup in the mall a few times a week.  The owners and servers are friendly and the tables afford a good view of people walking by.  There is a large skylight above, so even on overcast days its a pleasant place to be.  

One of my favorite things is to look across to Frans' Flowers and watch as people stop by to choose bouquets.  I like to see which folk pick which bunch and imagine who they are taking them to.  I wonder if they are "just because" flowers or are they for special ooccasions  I think "just because" bouquets are the nicest.  

This morning a father and two small children bought a big bouquet and the Dad let his son (I'm guessing about 4 years old) carry them.  They were half as big as he was but he meandered gamely behind Dad as they walked off down the mall.  I smiled when I observed the little guy "hop" on all of the orange colored tiles to make his way across.  

It made me recall being a kid and not wanting to step on the cracks in the sidewalk.  When was the last time you took a hop?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts