Thursday, September 04, 2014

Cas-ology Challenge Week 111 - under

Cas-ology Challenge Week 111:

I thought and thought and THOUGHT about this “under” theme and finally came up with this card:

Cas-ology-111---under_Barb-Derksen

The “under” being the owl under the pretty sparkly stars. 

The owl is a Forever in Time sticker - could not resist, so fun and bright.  The Birthday stamp a partial sentiment from a Studio G stamp, the “who’s” a custom cut on my Silhouette Cameo and the stars are also cut from vinyl - a few with an offset to add interest.  I had fun with this card.

1-small-thing

Today’s one small thing is my observation of the days.

Apples are being picked.  The air is scented with a heady mixture of apple pulp and mulch as wind-falls are consumed back into the fertile soil and grassThere is a definite edge to the nights which becomes a chill by morning.  Soon this chill which condenses dew on every blade of grass shall become lacy frost.  The sky is an impossible turquoise and the clouds generally wispy as a horse’s tail in the wind.  There is a beautiful brightness to the very atmosphere and each day’s “golden hour” the more golden, almost begging us to take advantage of this unique time to capture photosIt is hope of a good harvest.  But a harvest either paltry or abundant we are thankful for.  We put away summer, clothes in drawers, gardens sorted - plants uprooted or protected.  I want to ride my bike.

6 comments:

  1. Super cute card Barb, I love your adorable owl and fabulous glittery stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, first off -- what a beautiful observation. I say YES to it all!

    Second, your card is quite adorable! I love that owl sticker (so fun!) and I love how he is perched under all those sparkly stars. I'm so glad you joined in the fun at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the under the stars card, and your obeservations are poetry, it is more "golden" as summer slowly turns her head to Autumn...LOVE it!!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bright coloured owl and the glittery stars really are fabulous! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your lovely CAS crafting with us at CASology for the 'under' challenge, Hazel, Guest Designer x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your card and the CUTE owl sticker.:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts