Sunday, February 09, 2014

Daring Cardmakers February Color Challenge Card

Oh HO!  Yet another card in the works.  Here is the challenge image from

Daring Cardmakers February Color Challenge:

image credit: Pinterest

I kind of struggled with some of the colors but managed this:

Daring-Cardmakers---Feb-Challenge-1_B-Derksen

Supplies:

Cardstock: DCWV “The Pebbled Stack”

Designer Paper: BASIC GREY “Hey Boy”

Chevron Stamp: AMERICAN CRAFTS “Jared”

Daring-Cardmakers---Feb-Challenge-2_B-Derksen

I had fun making this illustration on the scallop.  I chose a font called “Dingleberries” and I think it was the “D” that made this symbol.  I created a circle and then had the dingleberries flow around the edge of it.  I also created a paper button out of the coordinating “Hey Boy” and the final touch was to adhere the stick on sentiment from CREATIVE MEMORIES.  I was hesitant to try to stamp onto the “pebbled” cardstock. 

So glad you popped by!

5 comments:

  1. An elegant yet cheerful card, I really do like what you made of the given colours. Thank you so much for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your card a lot. The different elements you used look great together. Thanks for taking part in the Daring Cardmakers colour challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really impressed with that illustration. Its a lovely card and thanks for your sweet comments on my blog as well as playing along with Dring Cardmakers this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the chevron and angled banner combo - and the two tones of grey are lovely - just up my street! Great take on the colour palette!
    Thanks for playing along with our February colour challenge this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Sis, you did a fantastic job with the colours and the details are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts