Tuesday, January 28, 2014

You’re MY cup of tea! FREE “Tea-Cup cutting file for your Cameo!

Today’s post is not for any sort of a card challenge, It is simply my way to say a super big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dear forever friend ValindaValinda met me way back in the days when digital scrapbooking was something new and practically unheard of (WHAT??? No paper???)  We met at in a forum somewhere. 

I took to the digi side of things like a duck to water and soon was no longer satisfied to simply find, download and create from other talented designers - instead I began making my own digi kits.  I actually chose to make and give here on my blog, I’m so glad I’ve done this.

Along my journey I’ve met some absolutely wonderful ladies who have become my friends.  And among my closest circle Valinda shines bright as a diamond. When we were in the day when you would not dream of visiting a blog and not leaving some ♥… well, there’s SO much going on nowadays that's pretty much impossible - it makes the ones you do get all the sweeter.  Valinda is a constant.  When she befriends you, she is your friend forever. 

Valinda is a very talented person - (she even used to design freebies for digi-scrapping for give away!!!)  she is also a paper crafter, wife, mom, daughter.  Her family is all totally talented too (Mr - carpentier, Daughter Christie - way cool polymer clay artist and crochetter) - just to name a few in her family.  She has a true heart for the Lord and is a wonderful friend and Proverbs 31 Mom - so today its my complete honour to design a card dedicated to our friendship.  Its design expresses one of my fondest wishes… to have a tea with her in person one day.  (you better wear a lifejacket that day my friend so I don’t squish you to bits!!!) 

Here is the card I designed in honour of my Sweet Valinda’s (MILESTONE but I won’t tell *wink*) Birthday:
Valinda-Tea-Cup-1_Barb-Derksen
 

SUPPLIES: 

Designer Paper
Embossing Folder
Used Dryer Sheet
Silhouette Sketch Pen
Silhouette Cutting Files - Valinda’s Teacup by Barb Derksen

 
Valinda-Tea-Cup-2_Barb-Derksen
 
Isn’t the “teabag” just the most darling EVER???  I cooked this idea up in the middle of the night and worked it out the very next day.  The teacup was traced and altared from a free commercial use file which I got HERE at Pixel Scrapper.

The teabag is a used dryer sheet.  I folded a bit over, tucked the heart inside.  I just used my rotary cutter to make the “tag” - 1” x 2” and then folded over onto a loop of crochet cotton.  I inserted the other end into the teabag and then sewed all round with white thread.  I can think of all sorts of variations on this theme. 

 
Valinda-Tea-Cup-3_Barb-Derksen
 
I have made the file with the sentiment meant to be “sketched” using a Silhouette pen, however you might leave it blank and add your own sentiment.  Be sure to change your settings from “cut” to “sketch” when doing those particular things. 

 
Valinda-Tea-Cup-4_Barb-Derksen
 
Another look for this card with a plain white embossed background (scuze the quality of this quick iphone picture)
I hope you might take a teeeeeny tiny moment to hop over to Valinda’s blog and leave her a HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY Smile
 

2 comments:

  1. Aww...Barb, HOW SWEET! BEAUTIFUL cards!! I LOVE both of them! I feel the same way about you.my dear friend.HUGS! I Love how you made the tea bag with a heart in it! Cannot wait until the day we can sit down together and drink cups of tea and chat for HOURS!! Hope you wear a life jacket also cause I plan to squish you too! :)

    Thank you so much for your lovely post for my 60th birthday!! It IS a major milestone and you are so SWEET to have done this for me!! I feel SO BLESSED to have met and become CLOSE friends with you ,though we are miles and miles apart! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your cutting files and your ideas to go with them.:)

    I LOVE YOU!
    Huge hugs,and squishies!!!!
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet post for Valinda, I too hope you both get to sit down for tea one day :). I love your little tea bag Barb, it is adorable and such a crazy wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts