Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Family Challenge #7 - Paper Piecing

Once again Nina has tossed us another fabulous challenge, based on the following tutorial:

And here’s my take on that:

Family-Challenge-7---1_Barb-Derksen

Supplies:

Designer Paper - Blank Canvas by Kristin Cronin Barrow

Cardstock

Stamp - Jar by Dear Lizzy

Stamp - Bo Bunny, Sentiments

assorted punched hearts and pearl accents

pearlescent paints

embossing powder

Ok, so I fully confess I wanted to cheat and fit my trusty Cameo in here somewhere but I resisted and look it turned out just anyhow.  How cool is that? 

Family-Challenge-7---3_Barb-Derksen

I stamped the jar image onto the card itself, then stamped it again onto a scrap of music -themed designer paper.  I cut the lid apart from the jar. Then I stamped the tiny hearts all into the jar.  I coloured up the jar and lid with a wash of pearlescent paints.  Then, I embossed both with a transparent powder.  Now I used double sided foam tape to raise the lid and jar, but I also spaced it enough away from the top of the jar that I was able to glue the top of the “glass” part down to the paper, to give it a more 3d look. 

Family-Challenge-7---2_Barb-Derksen

Lastly adding the cardstock layer behind the sentiment adn affixing the pearl and winding it all up with a teensy bow made with crochet cotton. 

Hope you enjoyed your visit and suggesting you might hop over to my sister Nina’s blog and my SIL Judy’s blog too to get their take on today’s challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Your card is super cute Barb, I love the sunny happy paper and jar of love. Thanks so much for playing along and for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome card Barb ...love it .
    Love the jar of hearts and you made the jar look awesome.
    Thanks for sharing .
    This was a neat challenge can't wait for our next one.
    Have a great day
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts