Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Chip Bag Flower Card

You read that right.  Part of the following card is made using a bag from chips… potato chips/crisps - whatever you call them where you are. 

Chip-Bag-Card1_Barb-Derksen

 

Supplies:

Designer Paper - (cardstock) Hero Arts - Hero Hues

Stamp - Fiskars

Chip snack bag

Pen - Gelly Roll - Clear Star

Embossing folder - Cuttlebug

Glass Beads

Modge Podge

 

I despise throwing away chip bags.  I will often save them for at least marinading food, they work perfect for this.  I like the shiny inside though, too and considered how I might at least get ONE extra use out of them.  Do you know that if you hold them close to your eyes you can actually see right through? (looking at a bright light or the sun) 

At any rate, I decided to make sort of a window card using a flower cut as the window and the chip bag as the backdrop inside this.  I designed and cut the flower shaped 4.25 x 5.5 card face and a small 1/2 inch circle of the designer paper.  I washed the bag, dried it and cut a square big enough to fill the flower with a little extra room for taping it down. 

 

Chip-Bag-Card3_Barb-Derksen

 

After I secured the chip bag foil down onto the card base (positioned where the flower would be) I added the card face cut onto that with glue and tape.  I added the center circle in.  Next I brushed the silvery petals with Modge Podge and sprinkled it liberally with teeny glass beads.  I let this dry. 

I added on the silver gem in the center and finally…

 

Chip-Bag-Card4_Barb-Derksen

 

I added a sentiment and, the last touch was to take the Clear star Gelly Roll pen and connect some of the swirls in the cardstock pattern to pull the sentiment together with the flower in the middle.  Its sometimes the littlest touches that “make” the card. 

I hope you’ll visit again - there are photos and inspiration daily and a project every third day.

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of sparkle Barbara! Love how your recycling project turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure know how to turn recycling into something good.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts