Thursday, September 12, 2013

Another Family Challenge Card!

Thanks to Judy for choosing this challenge.  It’s a “Family Thang” - once in a while my sister Nina and I and Judy up and try out something new.  We don’t have any formal order about who’s next but somehow it all works out. 

Judy invited us to try out the stamping technique demonstrated in this video:

Masked Stamp Technique

The lady who is speaking here sounds uncannily like my friend Pam!  Oh how I ♥ an accent!

And here is my take on this technique:

Judy-Challenge1_Barb-Derksen

Supplies:

Designer Paper - Crate paper Pad - “my story”

Stamps:

fiskars (what’s up?)

Studio G (Say what?)

Ink - Stampin’ Up

American Crafts (chevron)

Ribbon: Offray

Ok, so I took a couple of liberties with this challenge. 

Judy-Challenge3_Barb-Derksen

Technorati Tags: ,,,

The first being I used an oval shape (paper cut for a mask) rather than the exact shape of the stamp.  I just felt it would be too busy if I did it exactly as the video did.  I stamped the chevrons all around, leaving a space for the “what’s up?”  I actually stamped in purple as it is the complementary color to yellow but it just made it gray, which actually worked quite well.

Judy-Challenge2_Barb-Derksen

And I added an embellishment because it looked kinda naked.  A simple ribbon, bow, a tiny flower cut with my CAMEO and a square gem!

I hope you will take a moment to visit both Judy and Nina to see how their cards turned out too!

2 comments:

  1. love the card ...I am so sorry I always forget to put the stuff I used for my card up ...you did an awesome job with this challenge. Have fun with your company and hope you have a great weekend ...chat soon.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card sis, maybe you need a reminder of the definition of creativity "Ability to produce something new through imaginative skill". Unhuh...that be you. Love the fun bright yellow and the pretty bow.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts