Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Bike Birthday Card - FREE cut file and link to svg!

 

Yes, I’m playing with vinyl once again.  I just find it so versatile that I can’t stop using it for new projects.  Here is my latest:

Bike-Birthday-Card1_Barb-Derksen

4.25 x 5.5 inch card

Supplies used:

Chalkboard vinyl

Cardstock - medium weight, white

Designer Paper - Hero Hues by Hero Arts

 

Method:

I searched online and found this bike svg through Wikimedia Commons (which you can get by going HERE)  If you use this file, even from me, please link back and credit to this link.  I’m including it in my cut files because I’m also giving you both “offsets” to go with it and it will be perfectly sized for a 1/4 fold card. 

I traced the svg and sized it.  Then I used the OFFSET feature to make a backdrop to the bike as its sort of thin and spindly and we want the focus to be all about the bike.  I have located a youtube video on how to use the offset feature in Silhouette - you might want to check it out HERE so you can learn too!  Once you get your mind wrapped around it, its really quite simple and effective.

Bike-Birthday-Card2_Barb-Derksen

So I cut the bike part out of chalkboard vinyl, then the smallest offset from white cardstock and the final offset from the original designer paper. I smoothed the vinyl onto the white offset then glued this to the final designer paper offset.

I tacked foam tape to the back and fixed it to the card base in the middle. Simple but effective.  I also cut teeeeny tiny lettering for the “happy birthday” (which you can easily make using the text tool and in the font you want)  and adhered it.

Bike-Birthday-Card3_Barb-Derksen

And I just couldn’t resist adding this little sentiment - again in vinyl, to the inside of this card. 

I hope you enjoy this file - I’d love to see what YOU make and even feature your project here on my blog. 

Bike with Offset

(.sil file)

DOWNLOAD

I hope you’ll come back in three days to see another cool (and unique AND recycled)  project I made using the bike shape!

1 comment:

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts