Thursday, March 28, 2013

Using “Snaps” on a Masculine Card

I like to use unusual elements on my cards sometimes.  Besides being very economical, using unique finds from thrift shops and yard sales can sometimes give you a look you won’t find at any regular craft stores - so your card will be ‘something different’. 

I made this card for a relative -

1-P3131544

I chose this GI Free Form (Citrus Stripe) Designer Paper from the GWEN collection by Kim Crothers.  I simply layered a narrower strip with black, elevated it above the card base using foam tape and added my own “twine” which I created by twisting tri colors of crochet thread together.  The sentiment is a Studio G, stamped using Versafine Black. 

1-snaps

I find THESE - I call them ‘snaps’?  These are a dime a dozen, literally, at thrifts and they are absolutely wonderful for masculine cards.

What repurposed items do you find to use on handmade cards?

Blogger Labels: Masculine,Card,Besides,thrift,yard,stores,Free,Form,Citrus,Stripe,Designer,Paper,GWEN,collection,Crothers,sentiment,Studio,Versafine,Black,items,sales,cards

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Barb:)
    I LOVE your card! I bet it was a "snap" to finish it.;)I also LOVE how you use your thrift store items on your cards. It gives us sooo many ideas of inexpensive ways to make our cards.Thank you for showing us your COOL ideas!
    I have been sick with the flu.Starting to feel a bit better.Just thought of another sentiment you could make....Hope you get better in a "snap"! hehe

    Huge hugs!
    Love,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card sis, I love the fun bright green and homemade twine. The snaps are a great addition.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts