Wednesday, August 08, 2012

New card for Word Art Wednesday 40 Challenge

I’ve been so remiss in posting a card for Word Art Wednesday.  I tell you, the ladies at WAW are so nice, they care about the people who post.  It really touched my heart to connect with Karen who reached out to me the other day.  Don’t you think people like this are lovely? 

I often find friends pop up at the time I (didn’t even know at the time) that I needed it most.  I guess that’s a quality of good friendships, that we do something when this happens. 

I found this lovely little poem I’d like to post here today which came to my hand just as if it were meant to be posted here, now - to share with you:

To help another on life’s way,

To smile and chase a frown away,

To hide a fault, reveal the good,

To love my neighbour as I should;

To bring good cheer to one who’s sad,

To make some lonely person glad,

To share my joys and blessings too,,

This I will try each day to do.

~ Barbara Jemison

Word Art Wednesday 40

WAW-40_Barb-Derksen 

WAW-40-close_Barb-Derksen

Supplies:

Designer Paper: Creative Imaginations

Word Art - Word Art Wednesday

Dove - FREE BIRD CLIPART 

Fairy Dust (glitter)

Niji Pearlescent Watercolors

Cardstock

Ribbon

Ink - Color Box Cat’s Eye in Dark Brown

I traced the dove PNG in my Silhouette Designer Edition Software and cut it. I print and cut the word art and layered layered layered everything.  The shape behind the word art is one from the Silhouette store. 

I had the most fun with shmooshing the dove with glue and then fairy dusting it all over.  After it was dried and sparkly it looked rather “flat” so I touched up areas with the Pearlescent watercolor.  The last touch was to stamp the branch with ink and ink up corner areas of the word art and card base. 

I’m off to check out the much-talented design team cards now, I try not to look too hard before because I get daunted.  Wow - what artistry comes out of this place! Won’t YOU join in too? 

Be sure to check in again soon - and also click my blog header after you visit this post so that your computer will refresh my blog … there could be a new post lurking there!  (Pssst a FREEBIE coming SOON!)

barb-siggy

Blogger Labels: Color Box Inks,Fairy Glitter,Word Art Wednesday,Silhouette Edition Software,card,Word,Challenge,heart,Karen,friends,poem,life,neighbour,person,Barbara,Supplies,Designer,Paper,Creative,Dove,FREE,BIRD,CLIPART,Fairy,Dust,Niji,Pearlescent,Watercolors,Cardstock,Ribbon,Color,Dark,Brown,Silhouette,team,artistry,Imaginations,areas

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the sweet comments, Barbara. I truly believe that when God lays a certain person on your heart, that you need to follow through and contact them. So when you came to my mind the other day, I just felt led to reach out. That's God!! He is just SO GOOD.

    Thanks for sharing this stunning card with us at Word Art Wednesday. It's always such a blessing to see your delightful art.

    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! The finish on the bird is amazing! Thank you so much for your kind words.
    We appreciate you playing with us @ Word Art Wednesday!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fairy dust and this gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Barb, your dove is stunning with all that sparkle and I love the distressed background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, your card is gorgeous!!!! I just love the sparkly dove!! Thanks you so much for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Barb:)
    I agree..what a BEAUTIFUL card!!:) LOVE the sparkle on the dove too!! Wonderful job my friend!!


    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very, very pretty! I love that glittery dove and the background paper you chose! Lovely card!
    (Shoregirl - Guest Designer at Word Art Wednesday for the month of August)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this is beautiful!

    Thanks so much for sharing your art with us ons WAW!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts