Monday, April 16, 2012

Mojo 237 card, a current “me ‘n’ my honey photo” and a tidbit of wisdom

 

I surely like this week’s sketch for Mojo Monday 237:

I had fun with it.  I’d been dying to try some of these pretty butterfly cuts I just bought from the Silhouette SD store.  The original butterfly cut is the one which is on it’s own at the top (and then I glittered it a bit) but I monkeyed with the other three, erasing out a few lines and then having them come out of the band in the middle. 

Mojo-237_Barb-Derksen

The stamp is by Kolette Hall and the designer paper Parasol LILYKATE by Basic Gray.  Gotta love these pretty floral papers which almost make the card in itself. 

I thought I might share a current photo of me and my honey out for lunch yesterday at our favorite Mexican Restaurant!  I usually get pics of everyone else and forget myself. 

P4150672_Perfect365

I’m having my usual - a Chalupa (I always share some shell with my sweetie) and my Mr is having a combo which I know for sure has a tamale included.  (I’m sporting the suit I scored at the thrift store last Thursday.  Laid out an entire $3 for it!)

I’ll leave  you with an inspiring thought for this week as well, something to chew on.

 

Between stimulus and response,

there is a space.

In that space lies our freedom

and our power to choose our response.

In our response lies our growth

and our happiness.

 

~ author unknown

6 comments:

  1. I love the bit of pink peeking out behind the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some huge plates they serve. You two look so cute together. Loved this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous butterfly card, they are so beautiful. Sounds like a fabulous lunch and your suit looks wonderful, always great when you find a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those butterflies :)
    And yay for posting a picture of you! And especially yay for your "about me" and shining the light of Jesus. I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good evening Barb:)

    I agree... Your cards look wonderful and those are really HUGE plates!!! :) The food looks yummy! I LOVE the pic of you two also...you look so happy together.... and the backdrop is awesome!! Cool bench! :)

    The shop looks like somwhere I would love to spend my time just examining EVERYTHING!! i would be sure to carry a wonderful bargain out with me too!!

    Love,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, what a cute couple! And I always enjoy your quotes, but especially like this one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts