Monday, October 17, 2011

Sketch Frenzy Friday & Mojo Monday Cards

Whew, squeaked in a Mojo today – thank goodness I did my Sketch Frenzy Friday  card yesterday… though – I must admit I am really not so impressed with my Friday card, it looks so simple beside the Mojo.  How does that happen?  For one thing I think its because the Mojo sketch was pretty detailed and also that I used a high quality Designer Paper for that one.  You get what you pay for, right?

SKF101411

 

And here is my (very simple take) on this sketch:

SFF101411

I don’t know the make of paper but the stamps are from TPC Study – Celebration.  You really cannot see the shimmer and glimmer of that little gift, I should have taken a close up pic but I took this indoors because the day was so grim outside.  The FUN part of this card is that my SIL Judy and I are doing this one together!  I am trying to hurry hurry to scoot over and see what she’s created, bet its fabulous!

Mojo Monday 211

 

This sketch made me work much harder and this is our “family” challenge – my sister Nina, sister in law Judy, her beautiful daughter Sam and I all do this challenge. 

Here’s my version:

mojo211-full

Ok, so cracking out a brand spanking new good quality DP helps – this is mainly created from a BoBunny – a gift of love paper. Two sided, the paper matches nicely.  The bulb is the only part that’s from the scrap of a paper I fished out from my last project – no name can be found. 

mojo211-close-1

Another of my “frizzly” sheer bows – I draw my heated embossing gun over the ribbon from a fair distance and it makes it go curly.  Adds that vintage look.

mojo211-close-2

And just a few posts ago I gave YOU the cut files for this pretty ornament!  Add a little golden twine and it dresses things up perfectly.

Thanks for stopping by.  I’m working on some more cut files for YOU in the coming days – stay tuned!

8 comments:

  1. Your Mojo card is stunning Barb, that bow is spectacular. Love the designer paper too. Your sketchy card is fun. I love how you and Judy are exploring new and wonderful sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your MOJO card is gorgeous, love the bow. Thanks for the tip on how to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the card Barb both of them ...it was neat to try something new with you can't wait for our next challenge. I must get going on my Mojo Card...chat really soon.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good evening Barb:)
    I agree your Mojo card is so PRETTY.That designer paper is AWESOME...and I LOVE the way you did the bow! I will have to try that one of these days.:)
    Your Sketch Frenzy card is CUTE! I can tell there is a shimmer to the gift and on your sentiment too.:)
    Happy to see you posting your lovely cards!!

    Love,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Aunty Barb! I love that ribbon on your Mojo and i love that little tip...but i suppose that might mean one must have a heat embossing tool hey :) lol
    Love your little ornament.
    So happy to see some cards :)

    Big hug

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! by Revathi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a mudra.. thanks and God bless.. by pR

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the card, it's a beauty!!
    wanted to let you know that in the freebie vault, the festive sequins seem to be just sequins (not the festive ones) and the festive splatter is also the regular sequins also. hope that helps ya. :) xoxox
    love your work, keep up the awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts