Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Two More Cards

The Day 184 challenge for 365 cards is – White Space

Today’s sketch:

 

And my take on it – very offbeat and I just have a hard time following all the rules now, don’t I?  May I take artistic licence with this one?

 

365-Day-184-full

 

I saw this beautiful border in the Silhouette bin and had to have.  My sister Nina gave me some of the gorgeouls suede paper in deep red so I set it to a cool blue background which makes is pop pretty good.  I have to admit at one point this card was ‘un-showable’ but I did some serious scrunging to the edges with ink, added the sentiment and gems and its just crazy enough for some dear little old lady to fall in love with it.  I can hear it now “Oh DARLIN’ – I used to have a paisley shirt just like it!”  I’m not poking fun at every little old lady but hay.  Me and my sister Nina have talked about all the liberties we will be able to get away with when we get to be seniors.  Got to be some big rewards we figure.

This next card is one I’m glad I made.  I’m not talking just because it turned out so nice and I actually like it.  I’m saying this because it caused me to use my own cutting files I’d given out yesterday and oh boy, the .studio files I had were just terrible!  Haha, so I cut out my acorn and oak leaf and resaved the files and then quickly re packaged, re zipped and re uploaded.  See, you did not even notice. 

 

 

Barb-Derksen---acorn1

I am sorry I cannot tell you the manufacture of the designer paper.  The acorn and leaf are all mine, of course.  The sentiment a Fiskars.

 

Barb-Derksen---acorn2

 

I used my Glossy Accents on the nut and it’s shell – and textured them a bit with a seam ripper (which I use for EVERYTHING) while the gloss was still wet. 

Honestly, I’d ♥ to see how you use my cutting files/elements.  If you send me a jpg I’d post you up here and puff up with pride!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice card for today's 365, I think you may have pulled that off, love all the gems. I adore the second card, love that paper. You know I love fall and this card just speaks to me. Love love love it sis. Fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Barb:)
    LOVE your cards!!! That Silhouette design is so pretty and so intricate..we would never be able to cut that out so nicely by hand.:)
    I agree with Nina..your Fall card is AWESOME and I love how you used your leaf and acorn.Too COOL!!
    You asked about the papers I print to. Well..in my card this week...everything is from card stock except the striped paper (that was from regular printer paper) Nothing special.:)I need better lighting for my pics though.Can't believe it looks better on my iphone than with my expensive camera.LOL
    I don't think I have a card in me today.Gotta catch up from spending the day with Christy and Jimmy on Tuesday and with Jim yesterday. Laundry and housework today.:)

    Have a FANTASTIC day my friend!!

    Love,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job on both cards! your autumn one is definetly autumn...your little acorn is so cute and i love the added touches to your acorn and leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, Barb, and you are allowed to take as much "artistic license" as you like with our challenges! Great take on the White Space challenge at 365 Cards!
    Aloha, Kim Mc
    365 Cards DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Captivating designs that inspires viewers a lot....your approach towards designing inspires me a lot....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts