Friday, June 24, 2011

(creeeeakkkkk!) Opening the Freebie's Vault, a new Freebie and this & that

GOOD DAY to you, and to you a GOOD DAY!

Ok, watch out, there's severe flooding here - well, fortunately not the sort of flooding that is happening all over our country and in USA to our south (lifting ya all in prayer!) - No, my flood is JOY overflowing my heart and there's no stopping it.  Yes yes, it's going to make me go out and do something nice for someone today!

Kind hearts are the garden,
Kind thoughts are the roots;
Kind words are the blossoms,
Kind deeds are the fruits.  

Do you realize you have the power today to turn this seemingly ordinary day into an extra-ordinary, extra-special, never-forgettable day for someone?  You might not even have to get out of your chair.  Oh if you are feeling full of fizz then by all means grab some gardening tools and get into your friend's garden for a few hours and help her rid her flower plot of weeds, all the while having a time of friendship.  

But if you're feeling like "staying put" then you can brighten someone's world by reaching out and building them up.  All that praise does nothing while it lies dormant in your heart.  Why not set it down on paper (a card or letter, yes a real pen and ink paper, or even an email or e-card will do) and deliver it to someone who's made a difference in your life, or someone who could use a boost... or someone who needs someone?  You are loved, let your joy overrun the banks of the river of your life! 

Luke 6:38

New International Version (NIV)

38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”



♥--------------♥

I've been running through my old posts and realize I have a TON of freebies - something like 200 of them hosted in my 4shared in fact and more on my hard drive but I've never taken the time to put them in one spot where you can access them, with thumbnails and all, so over the coming month I am going to be putting them in my Vault - look up... you will see the TAB at the top of this page (that says Freebies Vault).  Please be patient as it is going to take me like, forever, to index everything.  I will try to cluster them together in categories (like all the Christmas items grouped together, that sort of thing) so you may have to check back often to see what I've added.  I would LOVE to see how you use my elements - if you send me a small jpg of your projects I'll be honored to feature them here. 

Do you know I give away beautiful free scripture wallpaper for your computer as well?  I make it in several sizes to be a perfect fit for your desktop - you can find these over on my church blog (yes, I blog a lot during the week!)  Look under "The Gallery" tab at the church blog by clicking HERE!

♥--------------♥

As I've been reading back in my older blog posts I realized how I used to share some of my great web-link finds and I do have a lot of very interesting and useful ones, so I think I'm going to try to share more of these with you!   Stay tuned.  

♥--------------♥

I forgot to share the Father's day card I made for my man - so here goes: 




I added this backing onto the card - the cards I saw on the web did not have a stand up backing - they just had a piece of blank card-stock on the back.  I think that its effective to have the card stand on its own.  Can you imagine this on someone's desk? 



The funny thing is, my Mr. has a shirt almost identical to this one - I was so excited when I saw the paper.  

Ha!  I found a picture of him taken a couple of weeks ago wearing this exact shirt (minus the tie) - wooo so handsome! 



I know what you all are screaming for but I'm sorry - I did not follow any one set of directions for this shirt, I played around and modified what instructions I found and did not write them down or take pictures (GASP! - me not take pictures??? Was I faint?)   I added little touches as my creative spirit led me to do.  So the best I can do is tell you to Google "Shirt Card" instructions.   PS - this was not an easy card to make! 


♥--------------♥


Last, but not least, I'm offering up another one of Pam's beautiful vintage elements for you today.  Pam has been taking courses at the school where my Mr. teaches and I attend and she's heavy into learning Photoshop and all this amazing digi-scrapping as she puts together her family's heritage.  You know when you show 100 people how do do all this empowering and terrific computer magic but only a few of these will go on and do something with what they learn?  Well, Pam is one of them.  Yesterday was our last formal day to work together at youlearn.ca (the school, click on the link, check it out!)   I liked what Pam said on the card she gave us with gifts to thank us for our helping her learn how to put together her family journals "My ancestors and I thank you from the bottom of our collective hearts."  How encouraging is that?  I've loved my time together with Pam and she's been generous to want to share these beautiful elements with you!  These are actual pages from her (very old) family photo album.  




PPS - You might want to scooch over to my dear friend Linda's blog too - she's got some SO GOOD NEWS and some excellent and fun Monkey Brushes for you she's made!   Click HERE to be transported !




7 comments:

  1. love the shirt card ...what no directions..boohoo. but you did an awesome job. thanks for sharing and the freebie. Have a great weekend ...hope to blog sometime tonight.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great father's day card Aunty barb...so fun and so cute...great job. Great job on matching the paper as well.

    Your so thoughtful and you are always trying to help other's out.

    Thank you so very much for all of your wonderful comments.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 24, 2011

    Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [25 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb, so true, so true! The majority of my kind deeds and uplifting of others these days comes from right here in the comfort of my home!

    I cannot begin to tell you how happy it makes me to know that I can still reach out and touch someone with the assistance of today's modern technology! Squee! :)

    Thank you SO much sweet lady for the lovely comment in my chat box today! I shall pass on the congratulations to the happy couple. I've been battling a loss of gigabytes of space on my C drive and, once again, spent most of my computer time today moving files over to my EHD to free up space. Strange thing is that after testing, it is showing over 60% of my hard drive's space is unscanned and basically unaccounted for! ROFL! I tell ya girlie, I have learned SO much via all of the O.B.S.T.A.C.L.E.S. set before me! I think I am starting to become part G.E.E.K! :D

    Bless your heart and thank you for sharing the news of my latest freebie. And, WOW ... your VERY own Freebie Vault! How cool is that? Give me a bit as I'm whittling away at my to-do list to finish before June 30th and I shall share your Freebie Vault in a blog post! I really like the goodies that Pam is sharing with us by way of you and I am VERY excited for her picking up her new found PS skills and rolling with them! Woot!

    I almost forgot. The similarity in Mr. Mile's shirt and the darling card you made for him for Father's Day is uncanny! What a treat!

    Have a GORGEOUS weekend sweetie and may the MOJO keep on flowing!

    Love and hugs,
    Linda :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the shirt- Pretty close to the one he is wearing . Love the poem , thank you.
    hhttp://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJune 25, 2011

    Bonjour Barb !
    What a magnificent home-made card ! I'm amazed at your handcraft talent ! :O
    ...what did He say this time ? ;)
    I agree with you with the fact that we can make someone "happy" everyday in any way : tiny attentions bring little sunshine in heads included ours.
    C from Paris :) ♥
    I'm going up. To the right-hand side ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again.:)
    What a COOL card!! LOVE IT!!I bet Miles did too.:)Not sure I am up to that kind of challenge yet.hehe You did an EXCELLENT job on it!
    You are right.We can make someone happy if we just take the time to.:)A little smile or chuckle...adds a lot to my day so I know it has to for someone else who is on the receiving end.:)
    LOVE that Pam is using her learned skills on PS to do her journals with.That has to be very satisfying for her...and for YOU too..since you have helped her with that learning.:)Please let her know that I am VERY appreciative for her lovely shares.:)Thank you!!
    I am pretty sure I have collected ALL of your COOL freebies..but will check out the vault...how COOL is that..your own vault...just to make sure.:)Sounds like a lot of work on your end...Guess I will have to try to catch you when you come crawling back out of there.*snort:)


    More hugs and more love,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts