Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Dessert Disaster



Oops!  Seems every occaision the family gets together something gets spilled, flipped or flopped.   We've had cakes, steaks and lasagnes in my memory.  

This time it was the delicious Strawberry Slice my Mother in Law makes.  As I was not there to witness it in person I have to rely on the varying accounts which blame it on the slippery surface of the glass pan and the shifty plastic lid on it that caused the spill-ee to lose control of the contents.  Sigh! 

So - what about you?  What was the last food item that took a nose dive in your household?


3 comments:

  1. Good morning Barb:)
    OOPS is right.LOL I don't have anything in mind at the moment...mostly stuff that was suppose to make it into my mouth and ended up on my blouse.LOL Tea jug falling out of the fridge comes to mind.It doesn't happen often..but what a sugary mess when it does..AY yi yi!! :)
    Hope you had a wonderful CHRISTmas. We have had an unusual one.Robby and Jeremy's(Nephew) family with flu.No family gatherings this year.:(
    We did have a WHITE CHRISTMAS though.:)
    Huge hugs and lots of love,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up, when a recipe went wrong, my creative mum would just rename it as "...... surprise!"

    We had Chocolate surprise, chicken surprise, surprise soup ......

    you never quite knew what you would be served :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me no one called the 5 second rule on this. I bet the pie still on the plate was good.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts