Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Thanks for your Support - and Mojo Monday (Even though it's Wednesday)

First thing I would like is to thank each and every one of you who voted for my Pepsi Refresh "Good Idea".  No, we did not win but I'm certain we made a positive impact on a few - and that was what I set out to do.  I did have the opportunity to re-submit my idea, but frankly, I just do not have the time at present. 

I've been really working hard behind the scene on some projects, I'll fill you in sometime soon.  In the meantime I found I missed Mojo Monday but my sister Nina tells me we can submit all week - so I took this evening off and built a card for a friend.  How come cards never finish up like we started?  Sometimes thats a good thing and other times, well.  At any rate, I'm not dis-pleased with my take on this week's Mojo. 




Forgive me that I cannot give credit for the supplies, they are all a mish-mash.  Be sure to check out Nina's take on Mojo HERE and also stop by Mojo to see the other amazing entries - who knows, perhaps you will decide to Mojo too!  (there's a PRIZE this week)

And the other card I built recently was the card I made for the love of my life, who had his birthday over the weekend.  This was my second attempt - the first one made me just hang my head in shame (blushing!)  So, I started over from scratch and I loved this second attempt.  More importantly - so did HE! 


I like the idea of combining a photo with "real" paper elements and such.  This is where I am very confident, part digital, part tactile!


This sentimental stamp which was a gift from my sister - was the perfect touch! 

The past few days have been so beautiful - I wound up "skipping" school and taking over 200 photos.  I'll try to post some to share in the coming days.  Until then, I hope you are having a great week.


4 comments:

  1. I just want to sing that tune Macho, macho man whenever I think Mojo.. why I don't have a clue. Love your card sis, it is very cheery. I am sorry your idea did not win, maybe next time :(, silly Pepsi does not know who they are messing with. Love your Birthday card that you made for your guy, you are very good at mixed media cards and your digital is sensational. Your paper and glue artistic creations are pretty darn fabulous too. Hugs sis.
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg your photo card is so cool, love the digital block on top of the photo.

    I just wanted to stop and say thanks for coming to my blog and leaving me a comment about my cricut raccoon. And btw cricut is easy. i sometimes think easier than stamping.. GASP!

    -- dalis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Barb:)
    What a COOL card you made for your hubby.I know he loved it!
    Happy Birthday Miles.Hope your birthday wish comes true!:)
    So sorry your idea didn't win..but I would give you a huge "A" for effort my friend!!!:)
    Christy got a cricut machine a week or so ago.She LOVES it and has already sent off for more plates for it and got them the other day!It's sooo easy.:) She has been making all kinds of cool things for me to use in my paper scrapping and card making.Whoo Hooo!! LOVE it when she buys new craft stuff.LOL
    Sorry it took me so long to get here to say Hi again.Had to take my sister to the airport yesterday.(Story is on my blog.)Then bible study again last night..busy busy is the bee no time for you.... not even for me.LOL
    Huge hugs and lots of love,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts