Friday, September 18, 2009

'REAL' Cards and a Poem of Encouragment



My sister gave me a swack (my own word) of lovely scrapbooking supplies to get me started into the realm of 'REAL' touchy-feely paper carding. She's got almost all the supplies she could ever wish for and as she has been carding for a few years now her tastes have 'grown up'.

This means she's developed an eye to know what she likes and does not like for her style. Not everything makes the grade and she takes a great deal of trouble to pick out just the right 'stuff' to put together her cards. She's become a true artist in this department.

So, when she figured out what she had double, or what would be more my style than hers - and she purchased some things she knew would appeal to me, I began to experiment.

I have been playing around with a marriage of her things and my own digital - and some 'salvaged bits' from real greeting cards. Here's an example of what I've created so far!

SH105844

This will be a birthday card for an Aunt. I salvaged the picture of a rose from the front of a 'real' greeting card.

SH105845

And this is the back of the card - I used some super wide lace I'd bought a long time ago at the thrift store. VERY touchy-feely!

I'll try to post more photos as I gift my cards out - I'd hate to ruin the surprise for anyone.

If you like my cards then you will love Nina's (click her blog pic to visit)

Fullscreen capture 15092009 63821 PM

And I also want to share this poem I found on the net which has inspired me:

When I Say..."I Am A Christian"

When I say..."I am a Christian"
I'm not shouting "I am saved!"
I'm whispering "I get lost!"
That is why I chose this way.


When I say... "I am a Christian"
I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble
and need someone to be my guide.


When I say..."I am a Christian"
I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I am weak
and pray for strength to carry on.


When I say..."I am a Christian"
I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed
and cannot ever pay the debt.


When I say..."I am a Christian"
I'm not claiming to be perfect,
my flaws are too visible
but God believes I'm worth it.


When I say..."I am a Christian"
I still feel the sting of pain
I have my share of heartaches
which is why I seek His name.


When I say..."I am a Christian"
I do not wish to judge.
I have no authority.
I only know I am loved.


© 1988 Carol S. Wimmer


8 comments:

  1. awesome poem Barb ...love the card ...that Nina spoiled you rotten and you deserve it ..and yes that girl is talented I love her cards. Can't wait to see you cards and spend sometime together.

    hugs and lots of love
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you are really saying big Sis, is that I am fussy with my supplies. Yes I am spoiled with my fussiness, I am so glad that you have embraced all the items and goodies I pawned off on you and made those amazing cards. The truly are amazing, I am so glad that we got to spend the time paying with cardmaking stuff and of course everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inspiring poem! Love it. Speaks from my heart too.
    I love the card you made. Looks really good. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi great peom you have there.

    BTW Barbara, do you remember your digital scrapbooking templates CWO recommended years ago? I cannot find the link/site. May i have the address? Thank.

    Vivien

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Barb:)
    LOVE your beautiful card! You are sooo talented and so is your sister.I bet you have sooo much fun when you are together playing.:)
    I agree..the poem is AWESOME!Thanks for sharing it with us!
    I hate to run..but Katlyn is on her way here and my house is gonna be a playground any minute.LOL

    Love and hugs and hoping you have a TERRIFIC weekend,my friend!:)

    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barb,

    I adore your cards!

    You have inspired me to try traditional scrapbooking, never done it, only done digi stuff.

    Your poem from the net is sooo true.

    Hope your having a great weekend, got some tomatoes from the neighbour and i've been working all day canning. and i'm not done yet, not to mention the 6 lbs of grapes waiting to be jellied too.

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cards! Now, maybe we can start making some stuff for some swaps!

    and dang it Barb, if you didnt go and make me cry. Thank you for the poem. It is, perfect.

    Luv you my friend.
    ~B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb,
    I just love the poem...really do.
    thank you for sharing.
    Beautiful cards...I treasure our time together to play,pray and fellowship.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts