Monday, June 09, 2008


My Geek Husband
click to view larger
Created with my new Digital Dad Kit
(which hits the shop this morning!)

I'm sneaking some computer time in this morning (its Miles fault, he's geekified me!) before I spend the day with my Mother in Law baking up a storm. She makes these incredibly delicious chocolate chip cookies and has promised to allow me to record her making them. We might fit in a second something good if there's time. I created the Brushed Aluminum Frame as an add-on for the kit - I think it works nicely. To buy the entire kit, at a MONDAY MADNESS discount of 20%, just click HERE. I'd love to see how you use it, and feature your layouts on my blog. Just send me a jpg of your layout to lalalime(at)hotmail(dot)com.

(I've been browsing the shop this a.m. and there are some killer new products on the shelves- I'd better hurry and shop before I get my apron on!)




download

I'll put a bug in your ear as well. Its not going to be JUST Father's Day next Sunday... It will also be another Grab Bag sale at the Sophia Sarducci Shop, and I'm working very hard to put together a terrific bag. It will contain SEVEN seperate items which will be totally useful to you... both if you're a scrapper and most especially if you are a Designer. At $2 you will be paying less than 30 cents an item! So, bookmark Father's Day to sneak away for a few moments and grab your bag.


The weather has been quite soggy lately, so I thought I would leave you with a few 'sunny' thoughts:

We exercise our bodies,
Like to keep ourselves in trim,
Exercise our minds,
So our faculties won't dim.
But how often do we exercize
That most important place,
And relax those tiny muscles,
That spread a smile across our face?



Is it raining, little flower?
Be glad of rain.
Too much sun would wither thee,
'Twill shine again.
The sky is very black, 'tis true,
But behind it shines The Blue.
Art thou weary, tender heart?
Be glad of pain;
In sorrow the sweetest things will grow
As flowers in the rain.
God watches and thou wilt have sun
When clouds their perfect work
Have done.


5 comments:

  1. awesome Barb ..I love this last picture of the leave with the rain drops ...now don't you forget to put some of those cookies into the freezer for me..hehehe. Have a fun day with Mom baking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos, and I am in shock....a layout!!!

    We keep getting rain forecast, but here it is still dry and sunny - not at all typical!

    Looking forward to hearing more about the cooking session.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy you can't have all the cookies!!!- I WANT SOME- hahaha, post them on that ice burg Barb- they'll stay FRESH that way- WAHAHAHAHAHA-
    And goodness, what a STUNNING LO of Miles! Girl- it's AWESOME! We're having a GOOD cold snap at the moment and it's colder than usual at this time of the year. But it's made for some good quality time under the blanket reading- hee hee
    Just finished cooking supper and waiting for my man to come home from work ;-)
    Sending huge hugs and loves
    Me
    OOOH- PS, LOVED the photo's of you and Miles at Judy's Bday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Barb:)
    What a cool layout of Miles!!Bet he loves it too!!:)
    The frame is awesome..along with your fantastic kit:)Thanks for sharing it with me.:)
    MMMM cookies!! Sounds like YUM and FUN.:)Nothing like warm chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven.:)You just pushed my craving button.LOL There goes my sugar count for today.hehe Actually my sugar count was really good this morning.:)YAY!
    I have been sooo busy the last couple of days.Shopped until I dropped yesterday with Jim.He was looking for extra wide shoes.Not too many places make those.If he finally finds some..I am gonna tell him to get two or more pair.LOL
    Hope you have a wonderful day!

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love the photo of the flower thru the deck.

    It reminded me of that song by George Strait, I saw GOD today, when he says

    "Saw a flower growing in the middle of a sidewalk
    Pushing up through the concrete
    Like it was planted right there for me to see"

    Great layout too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts