Sunday, May 04, 2008






download

May is generally a month of very changeable weather, so I thought I'd bring this barometer out of the vault for those of you who may not have gotten it last year. I'm sure you will find many uses for it.

I've been SO busy, can hardly take a breath these days - and I long to tell you all about it, but it will have to wait for a day or two because tomorrow will find me helping trim hedges. I'll be back to share some of the funniest pictures in the universe with you of Roger and Marie's alpacas who just got shaved! Bear with me. In the meantime, here's a few pics I put side by side for you to compare - from the end of February to the End of April. Amazing how a few months makes such as difference.




The Orchard Awakes!

I found this passage to share with you!

"Warped indeed must be the soul of the one who has no glad welcome for the magic month of May! What marvelous transformations a few warm days make! One day Mother Nature appears very unattractive in her shabby winter garb of dull browns and grays. But, behold! the soft southwest wind stirs through her rags; the sun gazes at her with fiery ardor one moment, and the dripping shower refreshes her the next; when suddenly she comes before our wondering eyes robed in garments of tenderest green and filling the air with langorous blossom scents. Ever new, ever delightful, is the gracious beauty, the revivifying influence fo the early spring. The Giver of all good has indeed placed us in a most beautiful world. But how many of us go on our way with unseeing eyes, shutting out all the sweet influence of this wonderful outer sanctuary, and never allowing ourselves to come near the great throbbing heart of Nature. We are too unready to learn the lessons spread on the open book of God's wide out-doors... lessons that only he who understands can interpret aright, so intangible are they, so elusive; but, when once comprehended, how sweet, how satisfying, how holy, is the communion with nature and nature's God!" - Adelaide S. Seaverns (from Thoughts for the Thoughtful 1893

6 comments:

  1. Love to see those photos of the same view in different seasons.

    Your lovely freebie is how I first found you blog, and found you. So thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Barb:)
    Wow..the weather sure is the subject these days huh? It's getting green again!!!Yay!!!:)It's like everything just woke up again and is stretching and coming back to life.:)
    Have lots of fun trimming hedges today !!! LOL

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quote! I hope you don't mind that I'm going to put it up on my blog today ... I'll link to you as well!

    Oh ... and yes you can use that warbler picture ... sorry for not getting back sooner. I was so distracted last week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a change ...awesome pictures ...was nice to have coffee with you the other day ...see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh- I see green stuff- no more white stuff- LOL! We are lucky that we stay green all year- just the flowers that change ;-)
    LOVE your season pics! AWESOME!!
    Sending you a warm and sunny day from WAY down here-hee hee, and some squishy's to go with it-

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 07, 2008

    Thanks for the freebie. I posted this blog entry on my forum. I would of used your home page, but it just takes too long to load. The video you have is slowing down the page loading and making it hard to view your blog.

    Thought I would let you know, because it might be off putting for some visitors.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts