Thursday, April 03, 2008






download
Please send me your layouts so I can publish here!

Just a quick post as I'm working very hard on my next 'Olivia' Kit and also its a gorgeous day outside (the weatherman says tomorrow will not be so nice) so I hope to get outside for a fair bit of today as well. Its uplifting to notice all the new shoots emerging and leaves bursting out like emerald jewels from the tips of brown branches. Refereshing. Hope you have a great day too!



photo courtesy SXC.hu

Song of Solomon 2:12

Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves is heard in our land.



photo courtesy SXC.hu

On April 15, 1802, Dorothy Wadsworth, sister to the famous poet William Wadsworth, wrote this entry in her journal:

"We saw a few daffodils close to the water side... As we went along there were more and yet more... They grew among the mossy stones about them; some rested their heads upon these stones as on a pillow for weariness and the rest tossed and reeled and danced and seemed as if they verily laughed with the wind that blew upon them. "





photo courtesy SXC.hu


Dorothy’s journal entry inspired William to write the following poem:

Daffodils


I wandered lonely as a cloud

That floats on high o'er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd,

A host, of golden daffodils;

Beside the lake, beneath the trees,

Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.


Continuous as the stars that shine

And twinkle on the milky way,

They stretched in never-ending line

Along the margin of a bay:

Ten thousand saw I at a glance,

Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.


The waves beside them danced; but they

Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:

A poet could not but be gay,

In such a jocund company:

I gazed--and gazed--but little thought

What wealth the show to me had brought:


For oft, when on my couch I lie

In vacant or in pensive mood,

They flash upon that inward eye

Which is the bliss of solitude;

And then my heart with pleasure fills,

And dances with the daffodils.


-- William Wordsworth










4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing such a GREAT giraffe!! i LOVE the info on the Wordsworth siblings :D Have a BEAUTIFUL day!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to send you a layout I did with my two monkeys (otherwise known as grandsons!) and your chimp and gorilla but I can't find an email address?

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry Donna - my email address is lalalime@hotmail.com

    hope you check back and find my address!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link to Sophis Sarducci's site. I gound 8 things to buy to make my Passover Scrapbook starting this year. I was very happy to have found this site!!
    I have to go organize my photos now!
    Thanks Sunny
    earthspiritwebs@yahoo.com
    http://www.lightbeamcreative.com
    http://www.violetvirgodesigner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts