Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A 'FURRY NICE' FRAMES AND BOWS


You folks are ever too kind with your encouraging comments. I find myself smiling all through the day. It feels like I have coffee all day long with friends.


I think today I would like to share a little about my faith with you. First of all, I prefer not to use the word 'religion' and I prefer the word faith or belief. To me, religion sounds sort of fanatical or something that requires a repetition of rituals you perform. No, my faith requires nothing of me but to believe that my Savior died for me and to live my life accordingly.


I was not always a Christian, in fact I gave my heart to the Lord about 10 years ago. I don't have one of those really exciting testimonies you hear - did not have a near death experience or didn't go to prison and have to turn my life around. I just had an 'ordinary' life. I was the same as everyone. I just lived from day to day, trying to be a good person, though I made some very poor choices in my life - like everyone else.


My family had never been particularly 'religious' either - not counting my Gramma. (who passed away one year ago today - I miss her so much) Gramma was a staunch Anglican and she often took me to Sunday School when I was little. Over the years as I drifted in and out of her life, I would go to church with her, because I knew how much it meant to her. I would kneel on the hard floor and pray with her, and I loved the hymns. I plain liked being with her, and I felt safe with her. My childhood was subjected to lots of upheaval with 8 kids in our family, my dad moving us from place to place to keep jobs in mining, and other stresses. I think with 6 brothers and all the moving around I learned to be pretty self-sufficient - or so I thought I was.

Over the years I've been introduced and exposed to different faiths. I became aware of something missing in my own life. I did not want the 'religion' that Gramma had, but I did desire her 'faith'. She and my husband are the two most beautiful people I've ever known. I wanted to believe. I think I was like a flower waiting for the sun to open. I've collected evidence and tested what I've learned about God and when I finally came to the cliff's edge I knew I had a choice to make. I had done all the research, made certain that I had all the 'facts' lined up, now it was the 'letting myself go' point in myself.


I knew that if I gave my heart over to God it would be forever. I knew He loved me so much that He sent His only son to the cross to die for me and that to follow Him, I must do the same to Him. You're looking at a girl who has always made my own way - prided myself on not needing to ask for help. For me, it was as simple and as complicated as inviting Jesus into my life and giving Him complete control. This was the most precious gift I could give to Him.


The rewards have been a life filled with joy and certainty. Joy at having His love revealed in my life at every turning. Certainty, not that everything in my life will go magically well, but that He is in control and the assurance that He has a plan for me. I used to carry around huge burdens of emotional 'trash' all the time, I was misirable inside - now I've let it all go. I live in the safe shelter of His love. He desires me to give Him my troubles and to walk through them with me. He gives me wisdom every single day.


I don't go for a lot of 'ritual'... I believe God lives inside of me, and He's not confined to some small prayer times in my day. He is in everything I say and do. He catches my mind when I go to do things that are not good and pure. Things that I would not have thought twice about in my previous living. I find as I grow in Him, I live with a certainty and peace. I know I will still make mistakes, but its different now...


I know, that I know, that I KNOW that my Jesus is here for me. I won't ever push my belief on anyone, but I hope you can share in my joys of knowing Him, as it spills out in everything that I say and do. Maybe you've never had anyone believe in you - I can tell you, our Jesus does. I hope you find this peace in him, too. Its as simple (and hard) as letting go and believing on Him and asking Him to fill that place in your heart.


John 3:16

For God so loved the world
that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him shall not perish
but have eternal life.


LAYOUT BY READER JOY
(using my zebra ball ornament)


I love that you are starting to share your layouts with me. It delights me that you should share and allow me to show off your stuff.



LAYOUTS BY READER KAT
(using my Get My Drift? Kit)


Today's oxymorons:

initial conclusion
initial results
initial retirement
innocent bureaucratic blunder
innocent criminal
Insane logic
insanely iormal
insomniac dreams
inside out
insincere thanks
insincere vow
instant classic
instant folk hero
intelligent fight
intelligent news coverage
intense apathy
intense disinterest
interested students
interest free loan
internal exile
Internal Revenue Service
intimate murder
intimate strangers
invisible ink
irate patient
ironwood


And a little humour for your day too:

A farmer and his wife went to a fair. The farmer was fascinated by the airplanes and asked a pilot how much a ride would cost.

"$10 for 3 minutes," replied the pilot.

"That's too much," said the farmer.

The pilot thought for a second and then said, "I'll make you a deal. If you and your wife ride for 3 minutes without uttering a sound, the ride will be free. But if you make a sound, you'll have to pay $10."

The farmer and his wife agreed and went for a wild ride--loop-de-loops, steep dives, etc. After they landed, the pilot said to the farmer, "I want to congratulate you for not making a sound. You are a brave man."

"Maybe so," said the farmer, "But I gotta tell ya, I almost screamed when my wife fell out."


BARB'S HANDY TIP #145
Light up a Tower! (No Kiddin'!)

You have to read this to fully understand it...but from what I can gather is
this is an office tower, and the floors can be lit up in different colours...

Colour by Numbers is a 72 meters high light installation at Telefonplan in Stockholm, Sweden. The installation will be inaugurated on October 23 and will shine during evenings and nights until January 7. Under live video you can see a live video image of the tower and also read instructions for how to control the light installation over the phone


14 comments:

  1. Barb - thanks for explaining your love of your faith. I'll admit that sometimes your love of Jesus comes across a bit "heavy" at times to me [only speaking for myself]. Knowing that you're not pushing it or advocating that others follow/believe like you makes me feel a bit better. Sorry about your Gramma - honour her memory [as I'm sure you do!].

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the beautiful freebies.:)
    Regards - ljd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say thanks for the freebie..it looks great.:) That last comment was for you personally..if you want to post it you can..if not that is okay too.:)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful & simple way to share your journey of faith! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Beck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You for sharing another of your beautiful creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the freebies-I had to download the icicle set. Very cute! Will have to check you out more often, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs. Miles.. you are amazing... you speak so eloquently, I feels things but I am unable to express them like you can. I truly come to your site to read about your faith and the things you have to say.. please know that maybe somebody may not say something.. but you are doing wonderful things.. someday I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you and your hubby.

    I hope you liked what I did with your ornament.. I didn't realize that maybe I was not suppose to alter it... like cutting the hole in it.. (was that ok?) I was so excited when I found it on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank uou so much for your visit on my blog and your kind words. Please, sorry about my bad English. I am your fan and I often visit you, but I save words because is difficult to me. Kisses & Hugs from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  9. we are on the same page on this one-especially at xmas i write this on all my envys next to the stamp 'John 3:16' just cause the govt took 'in God we trust' off everything doesnt mean i cannot put it there myself! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh honey, what a hard day for you! I am so sorry! I hope you are doing ok. I can't imagine what next yr on the 23rd of Sept is going to be for me. I wish I was there to give you a BIG HUG!!! Much love, your friend!~G

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi neighbour, I love your snowflakes and winter elements. Unforuately I'm unable to download from your new provider I keep getting a "Do you wish to run Active X?" window and can't get past it. Keep up the lovely work!!

    so far I can tell you have the best snowflakes around! Okanagan Artists rule!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your testimony! :) God is so awesome and meets us exactly where we are and all we have to do is reach out and take the "Hand" He offers us. :)
    I wanted to share a praise report with you, since you were sharing your experience. A friend of mine who I have been praying for a long time for just emailed me this evening that he asked Jesus into his heart!!! I'm just so excited I can hardly contain myself!!! :) Isn't God wonderful!!! As the angels said, "Glory to God in the Highest!!!!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your testimony - it's funny, I normally never read the stuff you write, only come for the pretty freebies. But for some reason today I started reading and I was amazed when I found it to be your testimony. I'm a Christian myself, or a believer in your words, but I so often struggle and get pulled back into the joyless world of pointing and blaming and trying to be better and all that. I know I shouldn't but as a member of a church (yes, religion comes into it) it's hard to get around it. When I gave my heart to Jesus I thought his church would be a better place than the rest of the world. To find that it is not, was a dire disappointment. So, thank you for your testimony again, to show me that church isn't at the centre of it and we can have a faith without it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is so heartwarming to visit your blog and read your wonderful life stories. I do not feel threatened in anyway about your self testimonies regarding your faith. It is built on a strong foundation if you truly believe. I agree with you wholeheartedly that when you start discussing religions as it refers to a faith, I am with your thought exactly. I believe the best showing of anyone's faith regardless of religious beliefs is the way you treat your fellow human being, the way you respect yourself in order to receive respect, and the way you express your faith, by whatever name you desire, in a harmonious way without casting aspersion on others, to me is a true believer. I enjoy not only your wonderful random acts of kindness (freebies), but your belief and expressions without reference to man or building. You are truly blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts