Tuesday, November 07, 2006



MR MILES PENDANT ELEMENT


LEX'S SNOWMAN ELEMENT


My MOUSE decided to make another element for you, in celebration of my blog hitting 800 visitors yesterday!

Yes, you heard me right - I said Mouse. This is Miles pet name to most these days. He got this sweet little handle from Sonya's Son, who upon seeing a layout of Miles on Sonya's computer screen, and with his cute little 'accent' tried to say Miles, but it came out Mowse. LOL! It stuck! Yesterday, when I was showing Sonya this Snowman element, her Son Lex burst out w/ "thats a SNOWMAN!!" in great excitement, so I've dedicated this element to Lex. I have the best of both worlds here - I get to enjoy her twins but not have to look after them!! I get all the 'sweet bits'

Do you have a cute nickname you would care to share w/ me, along w/ how you recieved it?

I DID say recently that everything is getting faster and faster, and just this morning I heard two examples of how we are enableing this. One example is a new video store which is open in Vernon, a city two hours north of us. It is based on video stores in Europe, which already enjoy this service. It is fully automated - you buy a membership and you come into this small frontal area, and like with your bank machine you swipe your card etc. Your movie is then dispensed out to you. You can take your movie out for 4 hrs or longer periods, the fees increasing as you choose more.

The second example is that some fast food restaurants are going to be using 'Call Centers' to process the take-out window orders. Thats right, you talk into that little box in the parking lot, but instead of the order going to the person inside the building, it may be routed to a call center 1000 miles away, even in an entirely different country and then into the restaurant via ... whatever way they will do this. I heard it said that Wendy's (do you all have Wendy's in USA? - its just a fast food place) Wendy's goal is to be able to process those window orders in 90 seconds. Thats FAST allright.

More Hoky-Poky Country Tune Titles:

  • She Made Toothpicks Out Of The Timber Of My Heart
  • She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy
  • She Walked Across My Heart Like It Was Texas
  • She's Actin' Single..... I'm Drinkin' Doubles
  • Swing Wide Your Gate Of Love.
  • Tennis Must Be Your Racket 'Cause Love Means Nothin' To You.
  • Thank God And Greyhound She's Gone.
  • Alcohall of Fame
  • The Bridge Washed Out and I Can't Swim and My Baby's On the Other Side
  • The Last Word In Lonesome Is "Me".
  • The Man That Came Between Us (Was Me)
  • The Old Home Fill 'er Up and Keep On Truckin' Cafe"
  • The Pint Of No Return.
  • There's A Tear In My Beer
  • They May Put Me In Prison, But They Can't Stop My Face From Breakin' Out.
  • White Circle on My Finger Means We're Through




BARB'S HANDY TIP #119
Same Name?


I borrowed this tip from Andrea's blog EMBELLISH (very nice blog, she's a terrific photographer) This neat little website allows you to look up your name and see if it is in the USA! Its sorta fun, really ... or is it just me?


6 comments:

  1. Thank Miles for hie beautiful stick pin and you for the cute snowman element

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to both of you for you generosity..and designs.I sure appreciate your sharing them with me:)These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cute snowman!!! thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you two are so talented ..thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG i just love your site! i did the name thing and now I'm gonna post it on myspace. yea yea i'm a little old to have a myspace but my kids wanted me to. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable snowman - I think I will use him on our christmas cards. Thank you for your hard work and generousity.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts