Saturday, September 09, 2006



LITTLE RED BUTTON ELEMENT


I went out with my friend Rose on Tuesday. Rose showed up in high heels. She's a very tiny person so the heels looked great and gave her height and I was flattered she would care enough to dress up for me. Specially, considering we were heading to the thrift store. Imagine my surprize when she confessed to me she was wearing them, intentionally, to slow her down! Rose is the goingest person I know, with a laundromat as a family business and the Dairy Queen second home after that (she decorates a mean ice cream cake!) There's no grass grows under this lady's feet - so - because she's found she is rushing around so much lately she has donned high heels in order that she would have to slow down a bit. I thought that was cute.




So, Rose needs to slow down and enjoy life a bit. I've another friend who's son was recently in an accident. He's o.k. (whatever that means) but while we were talking my friend confessed to me it made her realize how fragile our sense of 'normal' is - how some event like this makes you realize what is REALLY important in life. And in mentoring to another friend, and talking about marriage, I had her imagine (God Forbid) what would be important, what would she wished she would have done if her husband were snatched away from her tomorrow... and to think on those things and change them now. It sure brings the important things in our lives to the surface.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: TREASURE YOUR LIFE - don't wait for it to change. This may be the best time of your life - no matter whats happening right now. And don't wait for circumstances to change - you might be waiting forever. Take control and enjoy the blessings in your life. Cherish normal. Normal may seem boring but it can actually mean good things, like everyone's healthy and happy in your life.


Matthew 6:20

But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.


Matthew 6:21

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.


Take stock of your wealth - and I don't mean ANYTHING physical - truly your treasures are in heaven. In your mind strip away all things physical and what's left, that brings you joy, is your wealth. Know that some people in the world have money but not happiness. Hey, Oprah makes $432 dollars PER MINUTE and I will tell you what folks, she is not one bit HAPPIER than you and I. I know thats hard to wrap your mind around, but its true. And if you believe she's happier than you then you better start examining your own life. Yes, I believe she's got more stuff than us, but she can't be happeir than me! The key is to be happy with what you have, right now. And know that if you are actually content and happy with what you have right here, right now - imagine what God has in store for us in heaven. The bible tells us that heaven is very special - and if God says its special it must be some beautiful.

Our life here on earth is just rehearsal - know this and keep all the important things in focus. Don't go grasping onto physical wealth or things to cling on to your stuff. Make sure when your last day comes, and it can come at any moment, that you have invested more into your loved ones and people than you've invested into taking care of possessions. Don't be fooled into thinking you can keep a piece of anyone - you can keep their things, but not them - contrary to the idea in the following website which trys to sell you a diamond made out of a strand of your loved one's hair. (HERE)


JOB 20:20

Surely he will have no respite from his craving;
he cannot save himself by his treasure.



My Scary Dream Picture
Created using Photoshop CS


BARB'S HANDY TIP # 74
Thirst Quenching Sports Drink

Don't spend $$ on those sports drinks. I've perfected a recipe for a simple sports drink you can make at home. It's great tasting and thrist quenching. Mix 1/4 cup BROWN sugar, packed, 1/3 cup lemon juice, pinch of salt, tons of ice and water to taste!

1 comment:

  1. good one Barb..and makes me think..I am glad God give me you has a sister-in-law and my friend...Love ya Girl...I will have to try that drink mixture..thanks so much

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts