Saturday, May 13, 2006

WHEW - THE WEEKEND HAS ARRIVED!

CHEERY CHERRY ELEMENT
Yesterday was a "shhhhhh..." day. Miles was grinding away in the corner on a proposal he had a deadline for. I keep forgetting and chatting away at him in one ear about the most trivial of things. After a bit of it I start hearing some growling and gnashing of teeth and when the arms begin to flail I get the message very clearly. When his feathers become unruffled I give him peace and quietude. He eventually finished and I proofed it all for him. Next we straightened ourselves and the house a bit and headed to the city to submit the proposal.
Now, I have a confession...I have had to retype this entire blog TWICE as I lost my first version...and I did the same little monkey dance of frustration as Miles does when he's busy...ironic, no?
On our trip north Miles stopped to get THE photograph in a nicely wooded area - he stopped on the way home as well at the Desert Centre to take a panorama at dusk. At one of these two locations (and I would like to think it was the latter, timewise) he picked up a few companions. It IS spring and it is the Okanagan...so he wound up giving a few ticks a ride home. He discovered this when we arrived home - did the little dance etc. We cannot figure how they got only on his t shirt which was under his jacket - both black.
All Elements from Gina Miller's Build Your Own Bulliten Board Kit
Paper is my own creation
Like my latest scrapbook layout? My sweet, dear, lovely, warm, outgoing and generous friend Gina secured it for me and we have laboured for days trying to send and recieve its various bits and zips. I worked with what I have to make this layout. Gina, thank you sooo very very much for your kindness - it makes my heart all warmily.
I made Miles my own biscuit recipe for breakfast - I would like to share:
BARB'S BREAKFAST BISCUITS
2 c flour
1/4 cup crushed stuffing mix
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
lots of freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup bacon bits
1/4 cup snipped grn onion
1/4 c cold marg
3/4 c moo
grated cheese for topping
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In bowl mix flour, stuffing mix, bk powd, salt, pepper, bacon bits and green onion. GRATE cold marg into flour mix using a cheese grater. Mix genltly till crumbly. Toss in milk and mix well till all dry is gone. Flatten to 1.5 inches tall, cut into biscuits - place on cookie sheet. Top with grated cheese. Bake for 10 - 12 mins.
You may want to print this recipe out. If you do, you most likely want to print ONLY this recipe out. Here's how to do this (and this is good for everybody to know...)
BARB'S HELPFUL HINT # 6
how to print a selection of text
1. highlight JUST THE TEXT YOU DESIRE TO PRINT.
2. on your browser choose File and then Print
3. choose the dialogue box that says Selection

2 comments:

  1. Those biscuits look sooooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that bulletin board kit that Gina got you....you did another awesome job girl...


    judgirl

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts