Wednesday, May 24, 2006

RAINBOW'S END EXTENDED!

RAINBOW CLIP ELEMENT
Ya, Ya...I know, I thought I was at the end of the rainbow too...but it turned out so nice I could not resist!
You guys are the GREATEST! Your encouraging comments make every day like getting a bunch of Hallmark cards - only better, because your comments are original. I guess we are really just grown up kids...and you remember when you were young and someone said "Good Job", just how much milage you could get out of that. It made all the discouraging stuff fade away for a while. Thanks for the info about the Kit!
So, my DH (if you don't know, its digiscrapping lingo for Dearest Husband) is in BARB'S BOOT CAMP. Our local gym is closed this week for reno's and so his physical workout schedule has been (somewhat reluctant and afraidly) in my hands (he he he!) I've been building up my situps for the last month, you see. I've never done them before. Actually, Miles was the one who always told me they would make the difference. So I started doing 10 at a time during commercials on tv. Now we mostly ever watch an episode or two of Oprah, and the news, so its not that much of a challenge, but over the weeks I've progressed to 15, 20, 25 etc....till now, I'm up to sets of 50, and sometimes up to 6 times a day. I'M SEEING SOMETHING I NEVER SAW BEFORE...its incredible. Really, building up slowly, its honestly not hard now. I break it up in small packets thru the day. When I get up, before I get dressed, before lunch, before supper, if I'm sitting too long at the computer blogging...well, you get the picture! Anyways, I give Miles a huge star...he's right along with me now! We travel for two months in summer and I plan on bringing an exercize mat...thats right, drive one hour, pull over, give me 50! So, this summer if you see something funny on the side of the road, it may be us...
I would have liked to write more on how Miles willingness to do this inspired thoughts on having a willing spirit...and our connection in this way to be not only WILLING to do what God asks of us, but to actually embrace and enjoy serving Him. Like working out, we will see the results in us if we are patient and obedient. More about that tomorrow perhaps, as I have a client (scrapping) coming over any moment.
BARB'S TIP # 16
Putting the Roast On...
There are two ways I do my roasts, because I like quick preparation, and easyness. If I think ahead of time, I simply pop it into the crockpot at 9 a.m. (FROZEN) and it is ready at 5 p.m. If I forget to do this, I can also pop a roast into the oven at 350 degrees for 3 hours (FROZEN)
Now, this will not give you gourmet, chef roasted, pink on the inside, crisp on the outside roast, but it will give you a nicely cooked, tender roast beef. These two ways seem to work for average sized roasts and you can adjust as needed. Also, if you desire you might toss some carrots, parsnips, turnips or potatoes in for the last hour! Voila!

5 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 24, 2006

    Thank you for the roast tip! I think this is what you made when I was over for a visit last Feb. (garlic ???) ... I do sometime forget to take something out of the freezer .. I'll be thinking of you next time!!!! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 24, 2006

    Love the clip! Thanks a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy this girl can cook ...beleive me ...if she gives you hint on how to believe it will taste yummy....thanks Barb for the clip and the tip ...

    Judgirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 24, 2006

    Thanks for another rainbow piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 25, 2006

    Thank you so much for the wonderful rainbow elements. Hope there are more to come. lol! And thank you so much for all the tips. I have learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts