Friday, April 28, 2006

BACK TO BUY-LOW!

SIMPLE WHITE SHELL ELEMENT
I want to make sure I mention something before I start blogging todays 'stuff'. You may notice that when you use my elements they have no drop shadow applied. You can choose to apply a drop shadow if you desire one. My friend Sonya Johnston who is a scrapbook designer advised me it is better to create my elements without the drop shadow so the person who uses them can decide if and how they want their shadow to look. And I agree - sometimes I think I like the idea of an outer glow than a drop shadow. If any of you know Sonya from chatting at Scrapbook-bytes then I will tell you it is her birthday on Monday - so be sure to send her a greeting!

I also would like to thank all of you who looked at the Desert Center website yesterday, and if you signed the guestbook I thank you a billion times more. Miles was so encouraged seeing more entries. Thank you sweet Gina for your entire blog entry devoted to this - I know where my friends and family are there when I need 'em. It makes me think of the following scripture about how working together makes life easier!

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Though one may be overpowered,

two can defend themselves.

A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.


I cannot believe this balloon is still floating. If you follow my blog, you will remember this was the very balloon I got for Miles Big Valentine Surprize! Every day I get up thinking it will be sagging off of the wall, but not yet! I will keep you posted!

I spent almost the entirety of yesterday cleaning out a long-neglected cupboard in our office. I purged it of all contents, first thing so I had absolutely no choice in the matter. I chatted to Gina the entire day (imagine tech these days, Gina in Multnohmah, Ore and Me in Osoyoos, BC cleaning together via the web) and she encouraged me to show her the 'before' and 'after' - doesn't this mean we are 'special' friends now...who else cares enough and won't make you shy about the before. To me this is how God loves us...he knows the before and loves us into the after. She celebrated right along with me as I managed to get it cleaned 5 minutes before Miles came home from school.

I was falling asleep in my seat as Miles taught the homeschool students and myself a program called SketchUp which is now FREE as it was bought by GOOGLE. If you know anyone at all in the least inclined architecturally its a must download item. You are even ablel to create your own homes and then export them to Google Earth and put them anywhere on the globe. Whew.

We made it thru an entire week of not shopping with the exception of supper last night on the fly which Miles bought me. I could not say no without being ridiculous, so I caved. You can't fault a girl for not being able to say no to the most handsome husband on earth. It has been a very powerful and interesting week and our pocket book is bulkier thanks to our restraint. It makes me greatful for what we do have. I am doing it again this week, but it will be different in that I am buying today with the entire week in mind. I am very excited that Valerie from Quebec is going to try not shopping for this week too. Who else is up for this challenge - lets talk.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts